Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sydney's First Day of Preschool 3 Year Old Class

Sydney's first day of Preschool was August 19th. On the 17th Jason and Sydney went to "Meet the Teacher Night" and Sydney was excited to find out that two of her classmates from last year were in her class again this year.

Sydney's school is usually from 8:45am to 2:45pm but her first day the preschool kids got out at 11am. Jason picked her up and got a great report from Mrs. M. Last year her teacher sent home a sheet describing what the class did that day but Mrs. M lets us know exactly which students Sydney played with and what was played along with any acitivities, books, bible lessons etc. that they learn.

 This year Sydney has Spanish lessons along with her other subjects, and I am over the top thrilled about this. I knew Spanish was in the curriculum but I didn't realize they started with the 3 year old class. I have to admit that either my child is genius or watching unlimited Dora episodes has really paid off. Regardless her Mawmaw and Pawpaw are incredibly impressed with their only grandchild's bilingual skills. :)

I can't wait to see what all Sydney learns and discovers this year.

1 comment:

  1. She will have to teach her Aunt Kristine! I sure didn't pay attention in high school ;)

    ReplyDelete