This past Saturday we had the priviledge to be a guest at Abby's Quinceanera and Joshua's Birthday held at Bacara in Addison. It was beautiful and perfect in every way. Amy and Rudy's children are so special to me. Sydney and I saw Amy and the kids a lot when our husbands were in Iraq and I truly believe I was blessed to be around Josh and Abby and witness the strong bond and forms of communication they have with their mother. It is unbelievable and so is Amy. Other than my own mom, she is the mom I strive to be.
The first two hours or so everyone was mingling and eating. We sat with the "Army" crowd and Sydney ran around with her friend Gracie. Gracie is Amy and Rudy's neice and they always have so much fun together.
I don't think there was a dry eye in the reception hall when Amy, Rudy, and the kids danced. Rudy danced with Abby to Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl" and Amy danced with Abby to Martina McBrides's "In My Daughter's Eyes."

Then the hispanic music began and I said a prayer. I cannot dance. I cannot dance to hispanic music. But I do have some big hips and I can shake them so that has got to count for something. But really I look like a stiff penguin moving her rear completely out of rhythm. I can't help it, I learned from my dad. He has this stiff penguin dance move that he passed down to me and he apparently taught Sydney. But at least she doesn't dance like Jason. I didn't marry Jason because of his dance moves either. His "orginal" dance move from the few occasions we have danced together is this "complete stiff body with head bob" while having the facial expression of, "Yeah I got this." We are quite the site the see on any dance floor. We dance about as good as Elaine from Seinfield if you know what I'm talking about. But we have fun and that is all that matters.
Sydney with her dance face
All the kids danced in a circle around Abby and Josh to "Be Our Guest" off Beauty and the Beast. Abby and Josh love Disney Movies.
It was a beautiful night and I am so glad we were invited to be a part of it.
Happy Birthday Abigal and Joshua.


Email me the last pic please!
ReplyDeleteI teared up just reading this. They all looked lovely!
LLLLove both of those songs. Perfect!
Thats awesome, beautiful pictures! Love, Tanna
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious story!! Everyone looks so beautiful!!! I bet you don't look like a stiff penguin when you dance. Maybe I should throw some dance class in my Community Group on Tuesday nights...we can all bust a move together.
ReplyDeleteI love this Shannon! That last picture of the 3 of you is sooo good! And I love dancing and feel the same as you when Hispanic music comes on. I work with two Hispanic girls and once we put music on and they tried to teach me in the office. Negative. It's not going to happen but it sure is fun!!!
ReplyDelete