Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve

Last year Jason was celebrating Christmas in Iraq, I worked, and Sydney was with my parents, so this Christmas was really special.  We were able to celebrate Christmas as a family. On my side of the family we have always opened presents on Christmas Eve.  Mom and Dad came over, we ate some fabulous chicken fajitas and munched on guacamole and queso.  Later that night our good friend Amy brought over 3 dozen homemade tamales.  Thank goodness Mom and Dad had already gone home because Jason and I are serious about tamales and we do not share well.  Thank you Amy!




Dad read Sydney The Night Before Christmas since we finally took her to see Santa just at Grapevine Mills versus North Park. Acutally Jason did while I was at work. Please note he fixed her hair into the mullet type style. Sydney wasn't so sure of Santa but at least this year she didn't scream and cry!


Of course Mom had to get in the picture too.


Jason and Dad got the same gift I picked up early in morning on Black Friday.


Sydney picked out this present for me all by herself.




Mom's favorite present was her Calendar with tons of pictures taken over the last year.


Mom and Dad found Jason a Punisher Comic Book.  I don't get it but he has always loved Punisher and Brandon has always loved Superman.  We got Brandon a "special" Superman present as well.


Mom, Me, Dad






Dad is still recovering from his knee surgery and since he likes to read, we thought what a better way to pass time off from work than a 2,000 page book.  Hope you like it Dad!


The night ended with making cookies for Santa and putting on matching PJ's. It was such a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment