She learned this from watching ever other kid doing the same thing. She only did it once.
Saturday morning I woke Jason up at 6:57am. To me that is sleeping in. I really just do not understand people who can sleep much longer than 7am. Maybe it is because I have to be at work by 7 and grew up in a house of early risers, but at 6:57am I felt I had waited long enough and woke Jason up. He was beyond thrilled. Of course it startled him, and he is by no means a morning person. I just needed to know if he wanted to go the parade for opening day of the Stockshow. We did not make it to the parade after all. By the time sleepy heads 1 and 2 (Jason and Sydney) finally decided to roll out of bed, and we ate breakfast, we ended up opting to go to Fort Worth Children’s Museum.
When you stood under this giraffe, it tells you how tall you are
She probably thought she was shopping at Walmart. We go there enough.
Poor Sydney, she has no idea what is about to happen.
Right after.
To his surprise, she didn’t. She sat there for a minute or so in shock and hopped off the stool and went to back of the store to look at her new earrings in all the mirrors.
Sad face, but no tears shed.
Her 14kt CZ earrings are just beautiful. We told her she would have to get the real diamond earrings from Mawmaw and Pawpaw. When we ask her if it hurt she says, "Uh, just a little. Two ladies did it."
Sunday after church, Jason went with the guys to watch the Cowboy game and Sydney and I stayed at Holly's. Holly let Sydney play her Milton Bradley Memory Game that Holly played as a little girl. Sydney loves that game, she got one as a birthday present this year. And it is typical "Holly Style" that not one piece of her memory game was missing. How she kept all the pieces together over the years is beyond me.
MLK Day, I ended up getting off work around 1pm and it was beautiful outside. We took Sydney out to ride her bike and she had so much fun.
This is her Curious George Monkey she calls "Jumba." For the past week it has gone everywhere with her and today she took it to school.
Oh dear, look at her massive curls. I hope she learns to love them. Otherwise between the two of us I forsee a lot of flat irons and frizz products. My Manmaw would have loved to have her curls.
Today Jason starts another semester at school so as a treat last night we ended the day with dinner and Nestle Tollhouse cookies. They were worth every calorie!




















What a big girl! She didn't even cry.
ReplyDeleteAvery will love that she has "diamonds"! That is what Bri has as well. Avery I'm sure will tell Sydney that she has diamonds like Brianna :) They look beautiful!