Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend (Jan.22nd-24th)

Friday evening we met Mom at work so Sydney could spend the night with her Mawmaw and Pawpaw. Jason and I did absolutely nothing that night. No kid and we sat at home and did absolutely nothing, it was great. We did venture out to Jason’s Deli to grab to-go for dinner and instead of watching Nick Jr. we watched the Hope for Haiti Telethon. Jennifer Hudson can sing.

Saturday we went to Doug and Christina’s house and tasted some wines that they are trying to decide on for their upcoming wedding. Doug made the best Bruschetta and Cookie Monsters. We had a nice time visiting with them and as usual never a dull moment. Aunt Norma went over to my parents to play with Sydney and Sydney had the best time. I could hear her laughing in the background over the phone. She wouldn’t come to the phone to talk to me because she was simply too busy playing. Sydney ended up spending the night with her Mawmaw and Pawpaw on Saturday as well because we had a water leak. It ruined our old carpet in the bedroom. That is only room we have not put new flooring down so maybe it was a blessing in disguise, but it was the biggest mess to clean up. Thankfully, Jason did most of the work. The whole house had to be cleaned from all the dust and dirt. And anyone that knows me knows how much I “love” to clean.

We drove down and picked up Sydney Sunday afternoon at my parents and Dad grilled the best steaks. He has gotten pretty good over the years with his marinating and grilling process. He loves to tell me about it in great detail everytime he grills for us. I listen everytime as if I have never heard it before. ;)

We left my parents house and went over to Brandon and Kristine's so the kids could play for a little bit before traveling back to our dust infested home. Jeremiah, Avery, and baby Brianna got a trampoline from Santa this year and Sydney had so much fun jumping on it with her cousins. Jason, Brandon, Shawn, and Jeremiah played Wii while the little girls played dress up.


The girls pulling one another in a plastic bucket

Jeremiah and Jason racing each other on Wii Resort




The girls playing dress up. Sydney was saying "Fly, Fly" flapping her wings and Avery was crowned
 "Miss Tinkerbell of Texas."




Where do they get their "moves" from? Obviously from Jason and Brandon. Seriously, I know Kristine and I could be on DWTS.


Look at that concentration on Avery's face. She is demonstrating the new "Palms Down" move.


Ta-Da!




Gotta love those girls. Pizza faces and all.

On the way home we were buckling Sydney into her carseat, and she told us to leave her at Avery's and for us to go home. She wanted to stay the night with her cousins so bad. I am sure the girls will have many of those nights just not on Jeremiah's school night.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I love all the comments under the girls pictures, they were cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls faces are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete