On Wednesday Jason took Sydney to get her first pair of boots to wear to school yesterday for the cowhand lunch. Sydney was so excited to show me her new boots. Red. Of course. I hated the color red growing up. Red was and still to this day is Mom's favorite color. I will never forget when we lived in our 1 bathroom house and Mom, Dad, and myself all seemed to wind up with identical red toothbrushes. Maybe it was that day I realized I could never escape my mom's love for the color red. Mom must have as many red shirts as I do black ones. I have now "embraced" the color, have red couches, and a red front door. I guess you could say I am quite the fan of red except I can't pull off red clothes like Mom can.
Sydney asked me, "Mommy, remember when you were a little girl like me and had red boots." "Yes, I sure do."
So excited to go to class
The class made s'mores for dessert and I am pretty sure she loved each bite.
Right before we left the house this morning, she ran to change out of her tennis shoes into her red boots to show Nini and Cheyanne. The great thing about boots on a toddler is even if they don't match the outfit, they are incredibly adorable.
She is in love with her red boots, and quite frankly so am I.
No comments:
Post a Comment