Jason and I flew out to California February 19-21st for a Yellow Ribbon Post Integration Conference. Basically he was suppose to have these classes 30, 60, and 90 days following his homecoming from Iraq but for whatever reason he is just going now, 8 months since his deployment. Each soldier from his unit was able to take two guests, all expenses paid including airfare. Had we had known in more time our hotel was the Hilton Anahiem, we would have taken Sydney. We were literally in walking distance of Disneyland. The first day we arrived was considered a travel day for the soldiers. He just had to check in and we had the whole day to run around. We split a car with Amy and Rudy for the weekend and our first night all four of us headed to Hollywood Blvd.
This was the first thing I saw when we pulled up to our hotel to check-in. The hotel across from us was having an Indian wedding. It was gorgeous and I was extremely tempted to walk across the street and join in with eating some Indian food. I love Indian food more than Mexican food. I have to admit that I am a little obsessed about traditional Indian cultures every since I worked with several Indian nurses at my old job. Even though my coworkers were Christian in belief several still did the whole arranged marriage and planned to with their kids who are my age. Different cultures are so amazing to me. We have netflix and I am pretty certain I have watched every one I can find about Indian weddings. And if you have never tried authentic Indian food you are completely missing out. I will never pass up curry or spiced mango.
That's me and Amy. We threw the guys in the back and turned the music up loud!
We ate at the Cheesecake Factory as soon as we checked-in. It was really close to the hotel and all four of us were all very hungry.
Capital Records from the highway.
When we first got into Hollywood this is the first thing I saw. I am not for sure if this housed the "medicinal marijuana" but I'd like to think it did because it makes my trip more interesting. We saw these emblems a lot so it just makes me think it was. I actually called the number but it is out of service.
Finding a spot to park was a little difficult. We ended up parking in some underground garage. Also, the parking spots are extremely tiny. Besides high gas prices, it completely makes sense why you see small vehicles everywhere. I literally cringed everytime we pulled into a parking spot. When I was driving Jason had to park the car. It made me so nervous and based on my driving history...
And finally the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Michael Jackson
Elton John
Bruce Willis
Steven Spielberg
John Travolta
+
Olivia Newton-John
=
Grease
Billy Graham
Amy Grant
Sandara Bullock who got the Best Actress at the Oscars this weekend in this building:
Of course...Britney Spears
The closest I'll ever be to Britney Spears
There were so many stars on the Walk of Fame which was on both sides of the street and tons of camera happy people just like myself.
Mann's Chinese Theater
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
Marilyn Monroe
Mel Gibson
Awww, Johnny Depp
There were lots of interesting people on the blvd. You could get your picture taken with all types of characters from movies as long as you gave them a tip.
We walked up and down the blvd. past Madame Tussauds where I had the opportunity to hang with Snoop Dogg.
And then after looking at this picture, I realized Snoop and Shan don't live in the same world at all
"fo shizzle."
But now Johnny and me.. completely different story. After taking my picture with the "wax" Johnny I noticed tons of girls dressed as mad hatter type people. Jason asked a cop what was going on and she told us "as if we should have known" type voice that Johnny Depp was going to make an appearance at the opening of the mall. So all four of us went to see what all the hype was about.
There was a girl band singing until Johnny came out.
Here is all the media in the back where we were waiting as well. See all the people on all the levels of the mall in the back. Super crowded. We stayed around for about 10 minutes but since we had no idea what time he was going to make his appearance we left and opted to take a tour.
We took one of those hop-a-long tours where you can get off at stops and the another tour bus will pick you up when you are ready. Our bus was the second to last tour of the day since it would be dark soon and the lady in charge said she would give us passes to come back tomorrow but the guys had class so we just made the best of it.
Rudy and Jason
Amy and Me.
Amy and I got pretty close while our husbands were deployed. The best part was that we were only live about 5 miles apart from each other. She is one of the most caring and unselfish women I have every met and I really value our friendship. Her daughter is having a quinceanera in a few months. It will be our first and I am looking forward to some fabulous mexican food. Let's hope she teaches me some salsa moves. Based on the few moves she has taught Sydney, I should be alright. Don't you think Amy? ;)
Jimmy Kimmel Live almost directly across from the Kodak Theater
Behind the big yellow school bus is the infamous Viper Room where River Phoenix died on the sidewalk from drug overdose.
And then it just got super dark outside and my flash on the camera only made the picture more dark.
Cedars-Sinai where all the celebs go according to E!
We saw two hours worth of things but the pictures turned out dark. We saw The Grove, Universal Studios, went down some of Rodeo Drive and Wilshire Blvd., and tons of other stuff I can't remember at the moment. When we got back we saw all the mad hatter people here:
The line was so long and some of these people put a lot of effort into perfecting the perfect Alice in Wonderland costume. We were told Anne Hathaway was signing autographs. Even though we never saw Johnny Depp I got all the coverage from the Alice in Wonderland Event Monday night on E! News.
Hollywood was fun and interesting. All the signs were promoting Movies, in particular Alice in Wonderland. Other than movie signs I only saw signs for Kim Kardashians Perfume and loads of signs for free HIV testing.












































I have the same pic with my hands in Marilyn's prints that was taken mid Feb! :)
ReplyDelete